Thank you for all the feedback and helpful links I received in the first week this blog is live. What I also received many times is the BIG question. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE WITH THIS? Do you want to sell leather bags? Is it just a marketing experiment? What do you want?
All very good questions that not only deserve a answer, but NEED an answer and I want to share it openly. A goal helps to focus and sharing it helps others to know where they can help if they would like to do that.
Before I make a summary of the specific things I listed to achieve, I will answer the questions above more broadly. Currently I have a set of bags that I want to build a brand around. What a lot of new brands do is create everything around the brand before they launch it. They build a website, social media design, places to sell, a story around it, etc.. This project started with a set of bags and nothing else. Now I will start gathering information and resources to build all the marketing material, a presence online and I will share the progress here, on Twitter and on Facebook. For just a picture story I have an Instagram account. During the project I will be sourcing help from www.fiverr.com and via Google to build and design a website, Optimize search results, get help on attracting people to follow my new brand on Facebook and Instagram, etc. My budget is 500 Euros. Not because that is what I am willing to spend, but because I want to see where I can get with such an amount. This to hopefully prove you do not need huge marketing investments to build a brand. On February 1st 2017 I want to be able to say I built a brand and it is ready to rock. During the project I will continue to add new leather bags to the lineup to make sure there is something to sell on February 1st 2017.
To help myself and you know where help is needed I have created a wish list. What I hope to get out of this project before February 1st 2017:
- A weekly blog post about building TBINFS and improve my writing skills doing it.
- Knowledge of the digital marketing tools
- Experience in using digital marketing tools
- Create a global buzz around This Bag Is Not For Sale as a brand
- Get a picture of a famous person wearing one of the bags (for the fun of it)
- 20.000 followers on Instagram
- 5.000 followers on Facebook
- 1 on stage performance planned, to share my experiences with an audience
- 2 offline publications about TBINFS in printed media
- Create the opportunity to sell my bags to an enthusiastic and loving fan base.
Questions that I have ready to go search for:
- What does it take to launch a new brand?
- How do I best use Social media in building a brand?
- How to decide on a brand style to match with the product and potential buyers?
- …and more questions will come along the way.
Thank you very much for reading this and I would love to hear your suggestions, feedback and questions you might have.
Photography – Erwin Budding Photography